EDMONTON's BIGGEST EARTH DAY CELEBRATION
The Edmonton Permaculture Guild and The Local Good will hold the third annual Edmonton Resilience Festival, on Earth Day, April 22nd at WISE (Waldorf Independent School of Edmonton) near downtown Edmonton.
Resilience is the quality that makes a community strong, healthy and able to handle unexpected change. Communities that are resilient are closely linked together and can cope well with the effects of disruptions to the systems within them.
The Edmonton Resilience Festival includes workshops, conversations and events that contribute to personal, community, and global resilience. It's our belief that community resilience requires us not only to care for ourselves and help our neighbours, but to build trust and cooperation between community members. By coming together to celebrate and share skills and ideas through the festival, we will create a stronger, happier community which will increase our capacity to work together and to adapt to coming changes.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
A fun-filled day of learning, connection, and celebration! Participate in an eclectic combination of workshops and conversations to build a more resilience, joyful community.
• 30-40 Skill-Sharing Workshops, from meditation and yoga to yarn dyeing, bike repair, food sourcing and preparation, and building net-zero shelters.
• The Resilience Marketplace, a trade-show style market for local artisans, builders, and businesses as well as community organizations to exhibit and sell goods, services, and connect with the resilience community.
• Festival Film Theatre Room featuring documentaries related to sustainability.
• Conversation Cafés which offer a space to host and participate in intentional, guided conversations about how we can build a more sustainable and resilient society.
• Family-friendly Earth Day Party celebration featuring a diverse array of live performances to foster connection and come together after a day of learning.
CAN I HELP?
Yes! We needs lots of helping hands to make the festival happen! If you are interested in volunteering, your business would like to sponsor the festival, or your community organization would like to have a table at the Market — follow the links below to submit a quick participation request.
Where can I find more information, watch for announcements, or join the conversation?
You can check the Edmonton Resilience Festival Website!
Tell us: what does resilience mean to you?